What are the most sought-after programming languages in demand in Dubai?
- Python is the most in-demand programming language in Dubai, both because of its versatility and because it’s used heavily in data analytics and machine learning initiatives. The UN Research Institute for Social Development‘s report on machine learning found that Python is one of the key skills developers need to learn if they want to be more employable. As such, you should learn Python if you’re interested in getting a tech job in Dubai.
- Java isn’t just popular among developers—it has also become widely adopted by companies around the world due to its relatively low cost compared with other languages like C++ or C# (C-sharp). The main reason why Java programmers are so coveted in Dubai is that they’re able to write applications that run on any device that supports Java Virtual Machines (JVMs)–devices such as smartphones or computers running Windows operating systems–without needing additional software packages installed separately onto each one individually.”
What salary can you expect as a web developer in Dubai?
It’s tough to give one exact figure as a web developer’s salary depends on several factors including location, level of experience, and expertise. However, according to Glassdoor.com, the average salary for a web developer in Dubai is AED 85,000. A web developer with more experience can command higher salaries.
How do you find out if you are getting paid what you should be? Compare your pay with other developers by giving the Web Developer Salary Calculator from BuiltInDubai a try. Enter your monthly income and the tech stack you are working with; then compare it against other developers in Dubai earning similar salaries in the same industry.
How long does it take to learn a new programming language?
How long it will take you to learn a new programming language is dependent on several factors:
- Your previous experience with similar languages. If you’ve studied object-oriented programming in Java, picking up an object-oriented language like Python will be much easier than if you were starting from scratch. On the other hand, if your experience has been primarily with more functional languages, such as F# or Haskell, transitioning to Python may take a few more weeks of focused effort.
- The number of hours per week you can devote to learning. If you’re hoping to use your new skills for employment, consider how much time and energy you can realistically put into studying after work hours or during weekends.
- How well do you understand the basics of the language itself? Even if you have extensive coding experience in another language, it’s important to brush up on foundational concepts before diving into syntax. Programming paradigms don’t all operate the same way, so understanding what terms like “object” and “class” mean in one doesn’t necessarily generalize over all other programming languages in demand in Dubai.
- What are your learning goals are. If your goal is just to get by in a new language—enough understanding that it won’t get completely lost when someone hands them code written in their new tongue—you could probably knock this out within 3 months at 2–3 hours per week of study time. However, achieving fluency and event expertise can take years of practice and continued study depending on how deep into the subject matter you go
Which programming language should I learn next?
There’s a wide range of programming languages in demand in Dubai to choose from. So, how do you know which one is best for you?
The general rule is to choose something that interests you. If you don’t enjoy the topic, it may be harder for you to continue learning about it. On top of this, ensure the language you’ve chosen is popular and in demand. Many obscure languages are used only by niche industries, so pick one that will easily help solve real-world problems. But most importantly: make sure your chosen language is easy to learn!
How to stay up to date with the latest technologies and trends as a developer.
- Follow other developers on social media.
- Join meetups and events.
- Try new technologies.
- Talk to other developers about their work.
- Read blogs and listen to podcasts.
- Consider contributing to open source projects, especially when you’re starting, as it’s a great way to learn about new technologies and gain experience in the field.
In Dubai, there are several coding languages in demand.
If you want to become a software developer in Dubai, then you should focus on learning these languages. If you are already a developer and are looking for work in Dubai, these are the languages that will be most helpful to know.
Finding programming boot camps to teach you how to code is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
Programming Bootcamps in Dubai are abundant and have flooded the market. It’s time to stand out from the crowd, increase your value on the job market, and make a better impression on your employer.
DubaiCodingClub has been created to fill that gap by only offering you coding courses in high-demanded technologies, utilizing industry experts with real-world experience. Request a free trial and start to learn a high-demand programming language right now!
Read next: How to Create your own AI voice using the LANGUAGE Used to Create Siri and Alexa