Mobile App Development with Swift
Learn how to develop iOS apps using Apple’s new Swift programming language
- Swift is heavily used across Apple’s ecosystem of apps. Many top companies including Uber, Lyft, Facebook, Airbnb, and LinkedIn use the Swift language to write most of their iOS-based apps.
- Some Swift developers in companies like IBM have been known to use this language for server-side development.
- Swift is now a cross-platform programming language that can be used to create web services or even web applications.
- The language was designed to be safe, fast, and expressive. It’s intended to be a replacement for C-based languages. The Swift language is constantly evolving, and the community continues to grow.
What you'll learn
By the end of this course, students will learn:
- Understand the basic concepts of programming
- Work fluently with Swift and iOS
- Learn mobile app design with Sketch
- Create custom user interfaces with the SwiftUI framework
- Learn how to publish iOS and macOS apps to the App Store
- Visually develop iOS, iPadOS, macOS and watchOS apps
Suitable For Students Who Are:
- Ages 13 years and above. The programming language is text-based and requires literacy to learn
- Swift uses a simple and expressive syntax that is easy to understand, even if you do not have any prior experience with coding.
- Beginners interested in developing mobile apps and software, primarily for Apple devices
Swift is a programming language that lets you write apps for iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. It’s used by millions of developers around the world and is the fastest growing programming language in history.
If this course sounds interesting, feel free to sign up for a free trial lesson.
In the trial lesson, you can learn a little more about the topic, confirm the difficulty level, and if the tutor’s teaching style matches your learning style.
And if you are still interested after the trial lesson, you can sign up for more.